Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Finished playing Luigi's Mansion


Finished playing Luigi's Mansion (2001, Nintendo EAD, GameCube) 3/7/2014.

Luigi wins his own mansion, but things don't look as great as he hoped when he pays his new place a visit. The mansion is old, gloomy and to his surprise IT'S OVERRUN BY GHOSTS! He soon meets a genius scientist, Prof. E. Gadd who asks Luigi to use his new invention, the Poltergust 3000 to rid the mansion of all the ghosts.

10/10 – Yabo yabo, suku suku!  Lemme just begin by pointing out how detailed those doorknobs were, I swear! Anyways, this game is awesome! It was just what I needed to recover from Vagrant Story's battle system. This whole game is so much fun to play! It is so cleverly done! Well, to me it seemed like the main theme was always playing throughout most of the game. Not that I mind, I always hummed along. Hahaha! And so did Luigi! Isn't that great? But there's plenty of great spooky tracks to go around. But more importantly, the boss battles are very interesting and fun to figure out. But then came the final boss battle that made me want to pull my hair off just because of a stupid little mistake I made which made me think that the correct way of defeating him was actually useless. So now I'll know better to try the same thing twice next time. And then there's a post-game Secret Mansion? That's really awesome considering how short the game was. Heck, I was about ready to just jump right into it if I didn't have other games to scratch off my list. I'll just have to remind myself to come back to it one day.