Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Finished playing Metroid Prime 2: Echoes


Finished playing Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (2009, Retro Studios, Wii) on 5/30/2014.
Mode: Veteran

Samus Aran is sent to planet Aether to rescue a team of Galactic Federation Marines, but once she arrives she discovers they've all been slaughtered by an invading race of aliens known as the Ing. With the help of ancient alien technology from the indigenous Luminoth, Samus fights to rid their planet of the invasive Ing, all the while dealing with the minor nuisance that are the well-known Space Pirates and a third force whose power might just equal her own.

7.5/10 – Although I think I had a bit more fun playing Metroid Prime 1 (Wii), this one was also pretty cool. The whole Dark Samus thing got me hyped up. What really annoyed me was the last battle. I swear, it took me about five or six tries at it to finally beat the game, but that was because I was holding back on the first few tries until I decided to just pull out the "big guns". Oh, and reading what the scan visor tells you about the enemies can really give you an advantage in battle, specially on that very last one. Gosh, I was so lost on what to do. I really enjoyed the soundtrack on this one too. Specially when I was making my way through the various areas of Aether, even if i knew that there was nothing hiding to jump at me it still made me feel like I should be watchful. Again, the game's a bit difficult compared to MP1, but good nonetheless.