Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Finished watching Tsubasa: Shunraiki


Finished watching Tsubasa: Shunraiki (2009, Production I.G., 2 OVAs) on

After a gruesome decisive battle to defeat King Ashura in Celes, Syaoran, Fai, Kurogane, Sakura and Mokona are transported to Nihon Country where they meet with Princess Tomoyo who places Sakura resting on the country's oldest cherry blossom tree to heal her after getting her body and soul separated in Celes. Suddenly Seishiro shows up to ask Fai about the Vampire Twins, but just as he is about leave Syaoran challenges him for one of Sakura's feathers. But that is not the only opponent Syaoran must face...

8/10 - Interesting OVAs. It picks up in a later point in the manga series. I haven't read it at all yet, so I was a little lost at first, of course. But I didn't feel like it bothered me. I just took the story as it was and enjoyed it. However, at this point is seems like things are getting really complex and hard to follow. It reminded me of Kingdom Heart's complexity. Anyways, the animation and art quality are very good. But I guess that's to expect of a 2 episode series. The soundtrack used was from the original series, I didn't right away notice any new tracks. Overall it's a pretty nice show that ties in with xxxHolic Shunmuki, but I don't think it compares to Tokyo Revelations, which I think did much better. I think I just really enjoyed seeing Sakura fending for herself in that one.