Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Finished playing Pokémon Battle Revolution


Finished (sorta...) playing Pokémon Battle Revolution (2006, Genius Sonority, Nintendo Wii).
Gameplay Hours: 30

Take the Pokémon you’ve trained in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver versions into PokéTopia and challenge a whole slew of new challenges and matches! Watch as your Pokémon gain new life on your TV with fully rendered models and their moves take on a new spin with amazing special effects!

7/10 – This game was alright. I didn't exactly unlock everything the game has to offer by I beat the first run of it. After the credits rolled I started playing the upgraded "attractions" but what turned me off from the game (maybe some day I'll came back to it) was the Courtyard Colosseum's Survival Challenge where after I had gotten through 67 battles (out of 100) I was given no points as consolation. I don't know, for some reason I was under the impression I would get more points the more battles I would survive. I wasn't too thrilled about the soundtrack, but didn't hate it either. I just felt like it didn't stand out much. Aside from that the graphics are pretty awesome. The human characters look very good and their movement and expressions are great! Though, I noticed they STILL kept the same Pokémon models from way back in the Pokémon Stadium days. The one Pokémon model that scared me the most was Venonat. That thing was begging to be mercy killed... *shivers*. Not only that though, but the animations for those same models are old as well and they feel outdated when you see things like Abra literally draggin' its ass across the field to get back in its spot or even Electrode's eyeballs bulging out of their sockets à la Mask.