Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Finished watching .hack//Roots


Finished watching .hack//Roots (2006, Bee Train, 26 episodes) on 10/17/2016.

Haseo is a new player of an MMORPG called The World. But as soon as he starts playing he is attacked by other more experienced players in the game. A mysterious man named Ovan saves him and invites Haseo to join his guild, the Twilight Brigade. This guild and its members seek to find the fabled rare item called the Key of the Twilight. But TaN, another guild stands in their way as they too seek the same item.

Hmmm... this show could've been handled a lot better if there weren't so many episodes, most of which dragged on for too long or felt useless to the advancement of the plot. Even some scenes felt like they were purposely stretched to fill in runtime.

The story itself was... alright, I guess. It's apparently a prequel to the PlayStation 2 games, which I've never played, mind you. I'm sure fans would've enjoyed this show a little better. Anyways, the characters weren't quite that interesting to me, except for maybe Haseo, but even he was a little pathetic. I really feel like the story could've benefited from fewer episodes.

The soundtrack didn't seem that great either. Some tracks were just absurd to me even. Not much really stood out to me.

5.5/10 - What can I say, Bee Train just really doesn't do it for me. I don't know what it is but from the stuff I've watched from them, it seems like they don't really... care? That much? Sorry, but this show was just dull to me.