Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Finished playing Pokémon Omega Ruby


Finished playing Pokemon Omega Ruby Version (2014, Gamefreak, Nintendo 3DS) on 5/17/2015.
Gameplay Hours: 130

Young Pokémon trainers set out of their hometown of Littleroot to journey the region of Hoenn training their very first Pokémon and meeting new ones along the way as they battle through hordes of many other trainers with the ultimate goal to prove themselves champions against the Elite Four challenge. But the journey is not so easy as a group of evildoers known as Team Magma plan to awaken a legendary Pokémon to dry up the seas of the planet. However, our heroes are not alone in the fight as Team Aqua teams up with them to stop Team Magma's plans.

8.5/10 – OMG DEXNAV ADDICTION!!!
That was the first thing I got addicted to right away with this game. I couldn't put the DexNav down until I found that perfect, three star Seedot for my party! The DexNav alone goes a long way for me as it makes it easier to find wild Pokémon with good IVs. Cuz, y'know, what's a shiny Pokémon without good IVs, amirite? #shinyponytavideo

And here's the funny thing. The original games weren't really my favorite and I didn't really care much for Secret Bases or Contests back then. But the added storyline for ORAS got me interested. The Contests were fun and had their challenge. But I really enjoyed the Secret Bases and I really want to get to 1000 Flags captured. I found myself spending several minutes redecorating and redecorating my base until I achieved perfection - a Strip Club Secret Base by the name of Lusty Busty. Ridden with Beauty Trainers and complete with Smoochum mascot. If you ever StreetPass me, you're in for a good laugh.

Lastly, I just wanna say that I changed my playing style with this game as I decided to go through "story mode" with a main team of three Pokémon and two HM slaves. Because apparently it's what everybody does. I've been playing with a full team of six my whole life (as a trainer). But this time it was only three, and, as I expected, it cut grinding by half and got me through the game much quicker and easier. Just a thought.

I've gone and made this review too long, the game was great! #toomuchlava