Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Finished watching Lucky☆Star


Finished watching Lucky☆Star (2007, Kyoto Animation, 24 episodes) on 1/15/2016.

Follow nerdy, PC-gamer Konata-chan and her classmates through their normal, everyday high-school life as they talk about regular, trivial things that everybody does differently or like the many different ways they eat a certain kind of food. More than likely you'll find yourself relating to their stories with an "Oh, I do that too!" reaction.

8/10
– This show is great. I mean, it's unbelievable the topics they bring up. Sometimes I can't even catch up to what they're talking about or even fully understand it. But most of the time I do and I'm just like "Yup. Yup. So true." But after a few episodes I found myself thinking that the main reason I kept watching the show – because I actually did think of dropping it at one point (I don't know, maybe I got tired of hearing funny, relatable stories all the time), was because of the Lucky☆Channel segment at the end of each episode. That segment had me rollin' every time. Thanks to Shiraishi Minoru (voiced by himself) who's an amazingly funny character when dealing with his co-host, Akira's bad temper. After a while the credits of the show were even played with live-action videos of Minoru singing on beach rocks while making funny or dynamic poses. I loved it.