Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Finished playing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess


Finished playing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (2006, Nintendo EAD, Nintendo Wii) on 2/9/2016.
Gameplay Hours: 54

Link's blissful country life is suddenly interrupted when the village children get kidnapped. In his attempt to chase after them he also gets kidnapped by strange, dark creatures that bring him into their parallel world of darkness that suddenly turns Link into a wolf. To his rescue comes a small imp named Midna who teams up with him in order to save the kidnapped children, but in return Link must aid Midna with her own agenda.

9/10
– I actually played the Gamecube version of this game quite a few years ago, thankfully with time I forgot about some of it. I say thankfully because this made the game sort of a new experience for me, and also because the mirrored aspect of the Wii version didn't bother me as much this way if at all. I should also point out that this is one of the first three games I've played in 2016 and that the timing of me playing this game has nothing to do with the announcement of the Wii U HD one coming out soon. I simply got to the game in my long video game bucket list... Along with Ocarina of Time 3D. This coincidence might've been a blessing to me from the Goddesses, but it provided me with an interesting experience. Since I started playing these two games at the same time and kept playing them at relatively the same pace, I began noticing the similarities or references that TP took from OoT. The temples, the locations, the music and even Skull Kid! I had completely forgotten that Skull Kid was in this game, and that was pretty exciting for me! But let's get to the point. This game, in my opinion is like an immensely improved version of OoT with lots of extra stuff and, of course, a different storyline. The visuals of the game are stunning, and the character design is amazing. Even the NPCs look interesting! I often found myself staring at a character's model for minutes, studying each and every detail *coughtelmacough*. Same goes for the stunning environments in the game. Namely the Temple of Time. One time I spent like ten minutes in there sneakin' up on birds as wolf Link as Midna yawned countless times beggin' me to move on. Oh, and don't get me started on the kitties and their toys. And doggies. The soundtrack is beautiful as well. Not one track I didn't hate. Let me do a little plug-in here for ZREO's Twilight Princess soundtrack. You can download it for free on their website. They did an amazing job at reorchestrating the vast majority of the tracks in this game. But truly, this game is everything a Zelda game should be and more. My only complain is Midna's impatience. She nagged me way too much, specially at times when I need to just sit there and carefully study a puzzle.