Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Finished watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai


Finished watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (2007, Studio Deen, 24 episodes.) on 12/29/2016.

The Hinamizawa mystery murders of 1983 continue to take place over and over again from the same point in time as Furude Rika struggles to break the endless cycle of death that keeps sending her back in time to save the village. But this time, light is shed on the darkness of these events as we and Rika herself learn more about the sinister minds that pull the strings from the shadows. Is this the chance she's been waiting for?

8/10 - I LOVED this series! And I like to think I should've just skipped the original series and just watched this one, but I probably wouldn't have enjoyed this one as much if I hadn't. Either way, it really sheds a lot of light on everything that wasn't explained in the original series, and I really liked that. The animation quality is a lot better with a lot less weirdly distorted facial features and body anatomy. No more stick legs. And the soundtrack is good too with some returning tracks.