Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Finished watching Boku Dake Inai Machi ERASED


Finished watching Boku Dake Inai Machi ERASED (2016, A-1 Pictures, 12 epi.) on 01/16/2015.

Satoru Fujinuma would be your average detached-from-life 29 year-old part-timer if not for a strange little phenomena that sends him back in time several minutes before some sort of tragic event happens in his vicinity. This is something he has lived with his whole life, and knowing its meaning Satoru takes these chances to prevent those tragedies from happening and often saving lives. However, his courage to defy this phenomena is one day put to the test when he is sent back 18 years in the past after being accused of murdering someone close to him. This is his chance to fix everything.

9/10 - Man... this is one of those shows that just messes me up inside. I was at the edge of my seat with my emotions! The story really knows how to attach characters to the audience and make them fear for what’s coming to the characters. At least it did for me. Sometimes I just knew what was coming and when it did it just broke me because I was so not ready to deal with it. And I’m not trying to say that the show is predictable, because if it was it did it in a very good way for me. I have to say the ending was… hmm, I didn’t hate it but I didn’t like it either. I know the show is based on the manga by the same name and I haven’t read it yet. So maybe it’s one of those things where some of the story was changed a bit to fit the studio’s agenda or budget. I mean, it is only 12 episodes and I’m not sure how long the manga is. Overall it’s a really great show with incredible writing and animation.